May 18, 2016
008: 11 Kizomba Pet Peeves
In this episode with my special guest, Emily Bartholomew, we talk about kizomba pet peeves in a positive light to help increase awareness of things that have a tendency to go unsaid between peers.
- Online Kizomba lessons at Learntokiz.com!
- The Super Bowl of Urban Kiz Festivals in North America, The Neo Kizomba Festival!
- Leader tips: Focus on connection over patterns, lead your follow clearly but not roughly, be mindful of the social dance floor space and other couples.
- Follow tips: Do you best to not anticipate and be in the present moment, and don’t over stylize your hip movement.
- Teaching on the dance floor is rarely OK, especially if it’s unsolicited.
- [PODCAST] What It Means To Follow Like A Boss
- [YOUTUBE VIDEO] Frankie Manning on treating your follow like a queen
- [FB VIDEO] Nemanja Sonero on the basic steps of kizomba
- Join the Kiz Connection FB Group
- [BLOG] The Real (Insert Dance Here) Blog by Laura Riva
- [BLOG] The 5 Traits of A World Class Uber Dancer