April 20, 2016
004: What It Means To Follow Like A Boss with Laura Riva
In this episode, my special guest Laura Riva, delve in the the complexities of being a light follow, inequality between male and female dance instructors, and active versus passive following.
- Online Kizomba lessons at Learntokiz.com!
- The Super Bowl of Urban Kiz Festivals in North America, The Neo Kizomba Festival!
- Elite follows create elite leads.
- The term “just follow” does not give all the complexities, intricacies or nuances of being a light and responsive follow any justice.
- Follows maintain the right to refuse dances or moves in classes or the social dance floor for their own safety.
- The Dancing Grapevine Blog
- The Canada Zouk Congress
- Blog: What It Means To Be A Social Dancer
- Blog: What It Means To Be A Light Follow
- Blog: How Much Should You Compensate For Your Partner