February 15, 2017
041: The Shift Of Gender Roles In Today’s Dance Scene
In this episode, my special guest Caitlin Ferguson and I discuss a little of the history of gender roles here in the U.S. and also the current state and trends of gender roles in today’s dance scene.
- Online Kizomba lessons at Learntokiz.com!
- The Super Bowl of Urban Kiz Festivals in North America, The Neo Kizomba Festival!
- Expose – Luke James
- The first major uprising of women’s rights in the U.S. was for the 19th Constitutional Amendment granting women the right to vote.
- There is a definite shift in gender roles/boundaries inside and outside of the dance scene.
- There are more struggles for solo female instructor as compared to her male counterpart.